Course registration is easy to do on-line. If it’s your first time to sign up for a class, you will be prompted to create your own secure registration profile. Once you’re registered on the website you can log in at any time to register for a class, check your registration status, cancel a class or check on your progress towards a credential.
You may only register for classes currently scheduled. For a current class schedule please click: Class Schedule.
Note: Some courses may have prerequisites such as limitations on who may attend or prior completion of another course or equivalent may be required. If you have not completed your profile correctly, you may not be able to register for a class. Please contact the Institute office if you are not able to register for a course you are qualified to attend.
You may enroll in a credential program on-line. The system will guide you through the enrollment process and to create your own secure registration profile. Once you’re enrolled in a credential you may log in at any time to register for a class, check your registration status, cancel a class or check on your progress towards a credential.
Click on Registration and follow the credential enrollment instructions.
The Institute strives to maintain a low cost for CSAC members and affiliates. All California county elected officials and county staff are eligible to register at the member rate. CSAC Corporate Associates and Affiliate staff are also eligible to register at the member rate.
- Completed Registration — A registration is complete when payment is received. Unpaid registrations are subject to cancellation if the seat is needed.
- Transfers — Registrations are transferable upon e-mail notification to the Institute.
- Cancellation — Registrations may be cancelled by logging into your account up to one week in advance. Refunds will be issued less a $20 handling fee. Cancellations may not be made by phone or e-mail.
- No Show – No refunds will be issued for no shows or for cancellations less than one week in advance of a class. Participants enrolled in a pre-paid credential program will have the value of the class deducted from their account.
- Outside Registration — Seats in classes are reserved for county officials and staff until 14 days before the class. Others may register on a waiting list if the course is open to outside participation. Outside registration will begin 14 days prior to the class, and participants will be registered based on order of waiting list and seats available.
Classes in Sacramento are held at the CSAC Conference Center, 1020 11th Street. The Center is conviently located in downtown Sacramento.
Institute courses are also held in other locations throughout the state. Please see course schedule for locations outside of Sacramento. Course confirmations will include exact class location. Please allow a little extra time for travel and parking if you are unfamiliar with the location.