Course registration is easy to do on-line. If it’s your first time to sign up for a class, you will be prompted to create your own secure registration profile. Once you’re registered on the website you can log in at any time to register for a class, check your registration status, cancel a class or check on your progress towards a credential.
You may only register for classes currently scheduled. For a current class schedule please click: Class Schedule.
Note: Some courses may have prerequisites such as limitations on who may attend or prior completion of another course or equivalent may be required. If you have not completed your profile correctly, you may not be able to register for a class. Please contact the Institute office if you are not able to register for a course you are qualified to attend.
You may enroll in a credential program on-line. The system will guide you through the enrollment process and to create your own secure registration profile. Once you’re enrolled in a credential you may log in at any time to register for a class, check your registration status, cancel a class or check on your progress towards a credential.
Click on Registration and follow the credential enrollment instructions.
The Institute strives to maintain a low cost for CSAC members and affiliates. All California county elected officials and county staff are eligible to register at the member rate. CSAC Corporate Associates and Affiliate staff are also eligible to register at the member rate.
- Completed Registration — A registration is complete when payment is received. Unpaid registrations are subject to cancellation if the seat is needed.
- Transfers — Registrations are transferable upon e-mail notification to the Institute. There is no charge to transfer.
- Cancellation — Registrations may be cancelled by logging into your account, e-mail or calling up to 7-days in advance. Refunds will be issued less a $20 handling fee. There are no refunds or credits for a cancellation within 7-days of a class.
- No Show – No refunds will be issued for no shows or for cancellations less than one week in advance of a class. Participants enrolled in a pre-paid credential program will have the value of the class deducted from their account.
- Outside Registration – Seats in classes are reserved for county elected officials, county staff, and county partner agencies. Others may register for Institute courses on a space-available basis and at the “non-member” rate.
Classes in Sacramento are held at the CSAC Conference Center, 1020 11th Street. The Center is located in downtown Sacramento. The linked map includes nearby parking and lodging.
Institute courses are also held in other locations throughout the state. Please see course schedule for locations outside of Sacramento. Course confirmations will include exact class location. Please allow a little extra time for travel and parking if you are unfamiliar with the location.