Administrative Services Manager II
December 18, 2012
$30.97 – $37.65/Hourly; $2,477.60 – $3,012.00/Bi-weekly; $64,417 – $78,312/Annually
Current vacancy in the Sheriff’s Office. The list developed from this recruitment will be used for a limited period to fill open and promotional, regular full-time and/or part-time positions throughout the County, should they occur. Under general direction of the elected Sheriff, this position plans organizes and supervises the administrative, fiscal and support function of the department.
Examples of duties:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage fiscal, administrative, payroll and support services, and related programs, grant and contract administration, and business functions by planning, assigning and supervising professional, administrative and payroll staff.
- Direct the departmental budget process by coordinating budget activities, development of the budget, overseeing, evaluating and approving expenditures to ensure adherence to the approved budget.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from
an accredited college or university in finance, accounting,
public administration or a closely related field and, AND five
years of responsible wide-ranging experience providing
financial management and administrative support services
including staff supervision and budget development; OR, two
years of experience equivalent to Administrative Services Manager
I with Mendocino County; or and equivalent
combination of training and education. Licenses and Certifications: Valid California Driver’s license.
- Administrative and management principles and practices, including personnel administration and budgetary control.
- Principles and practices of effective supervision and training; governmental financial operations.
- Generally accepted accounting and budgeting principles as applied to governmental accounting.
- Computer applications and hardware related to the performance of the essential functions of the job.
Skills and Abilities:
- Managing and evaluating the operations and functions of the assigned department.
- Planning, organizing, assigning, directing reviewing, evaluating, selecting, motivating, and training staff.
- Developing and implementing, objectives and procedures for efficient administrative, budget and support services.
REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS (failure to submit responses to the supplemental questions with your application will result in your disqualification for incomplete application.) Type your responses on 8½ x 11 paper using no more than two pages per question.
1. Please describe your experience in the management and oversight of administrative and business functions of a large department or agency. In your response, include the name(s) and contact information of the agency(ies) with which you acquired your experience.
2. Describe your experience in each of the following areas: a: budget administration (include the size of the budget/s for which you were responsible and your level of authority with regard to the budget); b: grant and contract administration; c: management of staff; d: payroll administration. In your responses include the name(s) and contact information of the agency(ies) with which you acquired your experience.
How to Apply:
All complete applications and supplemental questionnaires will be reviewed with those judged most qualified progressing further in the selection process. Based on the number of qualified candidates, an oral examination (weight 100) or an unassembled exam, consisting of an evaluation of education and experience as stated on the application form, will be administered. The oral examination will test the knowledge and abilities described above. A minimum score of 70 must be attained for placement on the employment list.
Special Testing: If you require special testing arrangements to accommodate a disability or religious conviction you must contact Human Resources at 707.234.6600 prior to the test date to make your requirements known. You must provide enough advance notice to allow Human Resources to properly review and evaluate your request. Special Requirements: Employment with the Sheriff’s Office requires the successful completion of a pre-employment background including fingerprinting, and may include a medical examination including drug screening.
This announcement is a synopsis of duties and requirements of
this job; to review the complete classification specification and
please see the HR website. Applications must be submitted to Human Resources by the final filing date. To obtain requisite application
contact: Human Resources, 501 Low Gap Road, Room 1326, Ukiah, CA 95482; 707.234.6600; FAX 707.468.3407; TDD 800.735.2929; email: email@example.com; or website: www.co.mendocino.ca.us/hr.
January 2, 2013